As part of the priority program SPP 1617, various measures will be introduced to promote equality for junior female scientists. Further measures are aimed to provide a family-friendly workplace "science." Applications to the following measures can be submitted continuously.
- Junior female scientists (junior research group leaders and project employed postdoctoral fellows and PhD students) may receive financial support to participate in conferences (own conference contribution is required).
- Junior female scientists may receive financial support to participate in coaching programs/seminars (e.g., career seminars).
- Junior female scientists may be supported during pregnancy with funds for the employment of a student assistant (19 SWS for 3 months).
- Junior female scientists with children (ages up to 3 years) may receive funding for a student assistant (5 SWS for up to 24 months). Junior male scientists, who meet the same criteria, can also request this measure.
- Junior female scientists with children may receive financial support for the costs of child care during meetings. Junior male scientists, who meet the same criteria, can also request this measure.
- Round-table or panel discussions will be organized with internationally renowned female scientists who will talk/discuss about their career and their experiences as women in science.
- Specific carrier seminars will be organized, e.g. dual carrier measures etc.
- During all SPP-meetings, sub-meetings with all female SPP scientists will be organized. This measure shall promote the exchange of scientific and informal knowledge and experiences between professors and junior group leaders, as well as postdoctoral fellows and PhD students. These meetings shall also help to optimize the equal opportunity program.
Please send applications including the reference to your project, the required funding measure, a justification, confirmation letter of the meeting organizer (only for travel grants), the summary of costs and your CV as single pdf-file to email@example.com.
For travel grants: please apply for grants at least 2 months before the planned trip (Guidelines for travel grants within the SPP programme, pdf document).Gender equality measures of SPP 1617 (english/german), docx document